- Danielle Spotz
Let's Talk Hair! Feat. My Stylist
I have been going super blonde for almost a year now. I started getting mini highlights when I was in 4th grade and always did them when I felt like it. I never really kept up with the highlights and went when my hair looked horrible.... Thankfully, my hair girl Jordan has been a blessing. She has brought my hair back to life, and kept it blonde and healthy. Today, We're going to be getting the inside scoop to what Jordan does to my hair, what products she uses and tips and tricks from her to keep YOUR hair healthy. For all my DFW gals, I would HIGHLY recommend going to Jordan for all of your hair care needs (she does amazing extensions, all different colors, cuts and styles) I've listed her contact information below.
Let's get started:
MY BEFORE AND AFTERS:
MY EXACT HAIR COLOR ROUTINE:
This is going to be super helpful if you want your hair done like this, but don't live close to Jordan to get it done. She explained everything to me so you can tell your own hairstylist what you want!! :)
The exact thing Jordan does to my hair is called a full baby lights foil with a base pump every time. The very first time we did my hair we did the full highlights in the color "natural/neutral blonde". She did balayage the first time as well to make my ends super bright. A base pump is a flash lift on the roots to blend highlights with the natural hair in between. This is super helpful when my hair starts to grow out, it doesn't look too noticeable. After my first treatment, we did a partial highlight with a base pump every 2 months. After almost a year of partial highlights, we did a full foil again. This is to keep my hair healthy and not damage it too much.
HOW DO I ACHIEVE CURLS? PRODUCTS AND TOOLS USED:
-Jordan uses a 1 inch curling wand from the brand LUV. It has 5 interchangeable sizes and is affordable
-When I do my own hair, I use a 1.25 inch wand from Hot Tools and a 1 inch wand from BedHead. Both super affordable and I just switch between those depending on how tight or loose I want my curls to be -When Jordan does my hair, she switches between curling to the front and back of my head. This creates more volume.
-Let curls sit for 5 minutes to cool before brushing fingers through them
-She uses "Oribe" tree styler and mists my whole head. Then she uses a texture spray, heat protectant and hairspray to hold.
PRODUCTS JORDAN RECOMMENDS:
1. Oribe Royal Blow Out (5 in 1 product) Heat protectant, shine, hydrophobic agent, anti frizz and hold
2. Oribe Run Through Primer- detangler
3.Oribe Maximista - thicken/volume
4. Soft Lacquer heat protectant
HAIR STYLIST RECOMMENDS DOING THESE TIPS AND TRICKS TO KEEP HAIR HEALTHY:
1. If you are blonde, Oribe has a nice gold lust shampoo. It helps to add protein back into your hair between colorings.
2. Using a mask in your hair once a week in replacement of conditioner.
3. Try to wash every 2 days and use dry shampoo in between
4. NEVER brush hair when it's sopping wet. Brush when it gets to be 80% dry. (I just started doing this. I just put a towel in my head, then I start to blow dry WITHOUT brushing. Once it's pretty dry, I brush and continue to blow dry to style)
5. Use a wet brush!!!! This has saved my life!
BOOK JORDAN (SHE IS THE BEST!)
You can book her through text message or DM.
Phone number: 214-682-5832
@beautybyblackwood on Instagram and Facebook
MODERN LUXE SALON
4851 Legacy Dr. Suite 601 Frisco, TX, 75034
Thanks for reading today's post. I hope you enjoyed it! xoxo